Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

It was my fifth Mother's Day!! I can't believe the time is going by so quickly. I got to sleep in until 9am (mainly because Ava slept until 9am...)!! Then I was told to stay in bed until they came to get me. Ava came in about 15 minutes later and wanted me to close my eyes as she led me into the kitchen. I was pleasantly surprised to find a vase full of beautiful roses, some cards, heart-shaped pancake molds, and a sandwich that Ava made me out of her 'play' kitchen supplies. It was so sweet! I got gift cards to Starbucks, McDonald's and Motherhood Maternity--the perfect 'Preggo Trio' :)!


Like I said, I can't believe it was my fifth Mother's Day! I am so lucky to be Ava's Mommy. :) These past 4 years have gone by way too fast-now I know what everyone means when they say to 'enjoy it while it lasts'. Although she can be trying at times, she is 4 after all...right? Soon to be a big sister, Ava's world is going to change completely in a few short months. I'm excited, nervous, and terrified all at the same time. She is used to being the center of attention, as the case with any only child. I know having a sibling will be a good change for her. She is really looking forward to being a Big Sister, and I'm hoping the two girls have a special bond. I know it will take some getting used to, going from a family of 3 to a family of 4, but I can't wait for the newest addition to our family to arrive.




At the restaurant on Mother's Day, waiting for our dinner.

Trying to capture Ava's 'sweetness' on camera...


My Mother's Day gifts.






No comments: