Friday, July 1, 2011

3rd Annual Father's Day Weekend Camping Trip to Butt Lake!

It was our 3rd annual camping trip for the Coopers to Butt Lake. At first, I tried to get out of it. I was not looking forward to sleeping in a tent, in a sleeping bag, on the ground, 34 weeks pregnant! My mother-in-law and father-in-law were very generous, however, and let me sleep in their camping trailer. It actually ended up being pretty fun--my mother-in-law, Macy, Ava and I all had a 'sleepover' in the trailer. I don't think I could have done it any other way this year...






We only stayed one night this year. I knew I was going to be wiped out, but we wanted to go for a little bit anyway. We looked like we had enough stuff to stay for a whole week though! We had a lot on our agenda for the short time we were there! We wanted to go in the lake, take a ride in the canoe, make s'mores by the campfire (of course!), go fishing, and fit in a bit of relaxation too (I think that was mainly on my agenda!).





Ava and Macy taking a dip in the freezing water! You could walk out forever and it was really shallow-the kids loved it!







Mark taking the girls for a canoe ride






Ava caught a fish with her Barbie fishing pole!!!




Opa caught a fish with his pole too, and he let Ava reel it in-she did it all by herself!







Concentrating...






Omi and Opa and the grandkids





Mark swinging in the hammock





They don't call it Butt Lake for nothin'!!! :)





Ron pretending to throw Ava in the water





After a very long walk, Ava and I enjoying some cuddle time. Is that a beachball under my sweatshirt?? :)





There's a piece of wood all the way at the end of the lake that looks like a sasquatch. Ava wanted to go see it up close.





The kids swinging--they got pretty high!





Saturday morning breakfast- buttermilk pancakes and sausages for the kids. The good stuff came later--Ron always takes eggs, potatoes, bacon, and onion and cooks them in a cast iron pot to perfection. Yum!





Ava and Macy-watching the cooks and zoning out...looks like Ava is enjoying her cup of morning coffee. I think it was just water.... :)





In Omi and Opa's trailer-the girls had enjoyed telling ghost stories at the campfire so much, they continued to do so inside where it was nice and warm. Ava kept telling the 'Legend of Pinkfoot'-you'll have to ask her sometime. :) We also played a hilarious game of 'Telephone'-the message mysteriously changed to the same thing over and over again once it reached Ben. Hmmmm...





Macy eating s'mores. Photo courtesy of Ava.





Ava and Macy in the water...again.





I was watching the girls and taking pictures and I turned to see my shadow--had to take the picture!





No comments: