Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Ava!

Ava turned 2 on May 3rd. We had planned to have an 'Elmo' party at my sister's house with a bounce house and some food. The Elmo invitations went out, and the Elmo cake had been ordered. The bounce house was ordered in advance, and the morning before the party, Mark and I went to Costco for all of the food and beverages...Unfortunately, the weather decided to take a turn for the worse and it ended up being cold and rainy for about 3 days. I made the executive decision on Saturday afternoon to move the party for Sunday indoors. I thought about using my sister's garage, but she and my brother-in-law were in the middle of remodeling their house and the garage was full of power tools and new tile. So, where else do you go when it's raining and you're expecting about 20 kids? Chuck E. Cheese's! They had an opening and I took it-the employees there were wonderful. I called everyone and told them of the change of location, and time, and most everyone was able to still make it. I didn't have to set up or clean up, which was great. The kids all had a fantastic time and Ava ended up still having a great 2nd birthday party! I tried, but some of the pictures are not in order...



Ava blowing out the candles with a little help from Mommy.




Ava, not so sure about dancing with that Chuck E. Cheese guy...



We still used her Elmo cake that I had ordered...it tasted so yummy!



Ava on one of the rides.



Yeah! Dancing to the music of Chuck E. Cheese and the band!




Happy Birthday, little munchkin! She LOVES her new playhouse! Thank you Grandma & Grandpa and Omi & Opa!



Isn't this the cutest playhouse?




All done with cake and ice cream...look at that face!



Forget the fork!



Yum!





















No comments: